After lots of brainstorming about how I might make the Passing Notes blog and podcast better, I decided to make a 2019 goal to provide more news and information using both platforms. Passing Notes will still include interviews with education experts published every two weeks but every other week, we will get political (but not partisan). My goal is to provide information to educators, concerned citizens, stakeholders, families about what is going on in education in Oklahoma. Some weeks we might have guests or panels but every other week we will have updates. At least through the legislative session.
Please send me your thoughts and feedback! And definitely let me know if you’d like to come on an episode and talk education politics with me. Let’s get started!
This episode is focused on the Senate Bills that have been filed for the 57th legislature. Senators can file an unlimited number of bills. The deadline to introduce a bill is January 17th, 2019.
Senate Education Committee
- Senator Gary Stanislawski (District 35) – Chair
- Senator Joe Newhouse (District 25) – Vice Chair
- Senator David Bullard (District 6)
- Senator J.J. Dossett (District 34)
- Senator Tom Dugger (District 21)
- Senator John Haste (District 36)
- Senator Carri Hicks (District 40)
- Senator Allison Ikley-Freeman (District 37)
- Senator Chris Kidd (District 31)
- Senator Roland Pederson (District 19)
- Senator Dewayne Pemberton (District 9)
- Senator Marty Quinn (District 2)
- Senator Paul Scott (District 43)
- Senator Wayne Shaw (District 3)
- Senator Jason Smalley (District 28)