For this episode of Passing Notes, I interviewed Kristi Mraz. Kristi is a prolific writer and teacher researcher. She has co-authored a number of books; including, Purposeful Play, A Mindset for Learning, and Kids 1st from Day 1. Kristi teaches in New York City Public Schools and supports teachers across the nation. You can find Kristi on Twitter @MrazKristi or on her blog www.kristimraz.com.
- What questions/problem of practice do you have about the work you do with students?
- What struggles/barriers exist for implementation of purposeful play in your classroom/school?
- Do you view play as an important part of your educational practice? How does your planning provide evidence of this value?
- How do you avoid the trap of cute?
- Do you view play as a right or a privilege?
- How are you bringing the energy of play to academics?
- How do you use your play personality in your teaching/classroom environment?