This is part 2 of my interview with Kristi Mraz. This episode will focus more on learning environments and creating a mindset for learning You can find Kristi on Twitter @MrazKristi or on her blog www.kristimraz.com.
- What values does your classroom environment portray about your teaching philosophy? What do you want it to say?
- What current classroom practices do you have in place that doesn’t match up with your values? How do you plan to change that?
- Have you audited your schedule lately? Is your schedule designed with child development and current research on how children learn in mind?
- Do you feel like a manger of students or a curator of community? Why?
- Take a moment to write down your beliefs about students and learning. What evidence exists in your classroom of those beliefs? What steps do you need to take to demonstrate your beliefs in practice?