For this episode of Passing Notes, Michelle Waters from reThinkELA and I talk all things!! Our focus for this episode was on blogging & podcasting for education but we also visited about student voice & choice, falling in love with reading, literature, and more!
Michelle Waters is a high school English teacher in rural Oklahoma. She is the genius behind reThinkELA, which provides English teachers with a community of learners to grow and think critically about their teaching practices. reThinkELA is a blog, a podcast, a place to chat. You can find Michelle Waters – on Twitter @watersenglish or at her blog reThinkELA.com.
reThinkELA is a member of the #oklaed Podcast Network.
- What ways do you currently add student voice and choice in your classroom?
- What are some of your current practices to encourage a love of reading/writing in your classroom?
- Do you currently have a student who you are struggling to connect with literature? What are some ways you might think outside the box/mix it up in your classroom to help this student?
- How are you sharing what is happening in your classroom/school with others?
- How do you learn from others about best practices? Do you listen to podcasts? Read blogs? Read books?
- How are you a life long learner? What are practical steps you can take to be more purposeful about learning (i.e., PLC book study, listening to a new podcast)?