For this episode of Passing Notes, in the Leadership Series, I visited with retired educator Pam Hibbs on building relationships. Pam Hibbs is the former Director of Early Childhood and my old boss in OKCPS. During her time with OKCPS she developed relationships with community partners, families, and students in order to build opportunities for families.
- How do you build relationships with your students and parents?
- How do you build relationships with partners to provide opportunities for your students?
- How does your school engage the community/parents to participate in instruction?
- What strategies do you use to encourage family participation?
- What impact does engaging partners/families in the classroom have on instruction? Building community?