For this episode of Passing Notes I interviewed William Stubbs. William is the Managing Director with Uplift Education in Dallas, Texas and is a co-moderator for #BMEsTalk. William and I discussed the importance of equity in education and what districts need to do to keep the conversation going. You can find William on Twitter @WmStubbs.
- How do you define equity?
- What practices are in place in your classroom or district to ensure that equity is a part of the conversation?
- What practices are in place in your classroom or district that are not ensuring equity for each student in your classroom or district?
- Do students feel included in the classroom and apart of the conversation? Do teachers feel included in the school and feel apart of the conversation?
- Which members of your district’s community have been historically left out of the conversation? In what ways, are you ensuring that their voices are heard at the decision-making table?