This is episode 7 of the Passing Notes Podcast Tech Series. The Tech Series is focused on the different aspects of technology use in the school.
For episode 7 of the Tech Series we focused on discussing teacher’s access to technology. Technology can be unpredictable and sometimes attending professional development on use of technology is either way over our heads or doesn’t go deep enough. Teachers need practical tools and a variety of types of PD offerings in order to successfully access and utilize technology in their classrooms. Episode 7 of the Tech Series is focused on helping teachers access technology as a part of their daily teaching practice.
For this episode I interviewed Adam Rogers. Adam is a CTE (Career Technology Educator) Technology Coordinator for Oklahoma City Public Schools. In his work he supports teachers throughout the district with a focus on career technology. The work that Adam and his teacher do prepare students for their future. You can find Adam Rogers on Twitter @MrRogersTech
- Matt Miller – Ditch that Textbook!
- Kasey Bell – Shake Up Learning
- Illuminate by Nancy Duarte and Patti Sanchez
Below are the questions I prepared to ask Adam (there were some follow up questions in the podcast that are not included below):
- Introduce yourself (background/experience)
- Tell us about what you do in OKCPS.
- What is your pedagogical beliefs about technology in the classroom?
- What do teachers need to know about integrating technology in their classrooms?
- How do you prepare teachers to access technology in their classroom?
- What role does teacher attitude play in access and usage of technology?
- What are some of the barriers that teacher encounter when integrating technology?
- What strategies are important to implement when accessing technology?
- What problem solving tools do teachers need to be able to use when struggling with technology?
- What recommendations do you have for teachers moving beyond accessing their technology? How do teachers move into the curation phase of integrating their technology?
- What advice do you have for teachers who are considering using new technology in their classroom and don’t know where to start?
- What training needs/professional development do teachers need to be able to access and problem solve when using technology in their classroom?
- How can administrators and district provide on-going technology support for their teachers?
- What are some of the recent innovations in ed tech that you are excited about?
- What are your go-to resources?
This episode was recorded at and mastered by Design Tunnel in downtown OKC!